We are committed to providing a great workplace culture and a healthy and inclusive work environment.
The wellness policy aims to help with the staff members’:
- Positive mind health
- Physical well being
- Emotional well being
- Spiritual well being (our sense of life meaning and purpose)
Our Values: We are how we behave and how we treat and build a relationship with each other. Our values are:
- Excellence: Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done.
- Hospitality: Doing all that can be done for others – and more than is expected – in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Seeing opportunities others haven’t, and creating solutions others wish they’d thought of first.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing, always, using sound judgment, even when no one is looking.
- Community: Being part of something bigger than myself, and seeking ways to make others’ lives better.
Employee Responsibility: As the employee, you’re responsible for:
- Sharing any wellness concerns with the employer
- Ensuring there is a good balance between work and personal life
- Maintaining your own well being
- Identifying issues that may be stopping you from performing your job
- Treating your fellow employees with respect and civility, being honest, open, courageous and respectful in conversations
- Asking for help at any time
- Using kind and respectful language, verbal and non-verbal, at work
- Speaking up about bullying, harassment or discriminatory behaviour in the workplace
- Taking the necessary steps to ensure you are mentally, physically and emotionally well at work, such as taking your breaks.
Employer Responsibility: Your Local & Co is aiming to build a positive and healthy workplace. Therefore, the business will ensure the following:
- Promoting a positive workplace culture everyday
- All employees feel valued at work by way of living our culture of hospitality
- Taking steps to promote a healthy and safe workplace through continuous improvement
- Conducting regular one-on-one check ins to evaluate the wellness, interests and needs of employees
- Encourage a culture of openness and communication
- Zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or discriminatory behaviour
- Ensure breaks are enforced
- Providing resources if needed to help in overall wellbeing, such as team building activities
Support: There may be times you need support to deal with difficult situations or to help someone close to you deal with theirs. As the employer, we will:
- Encourage you to ask for help as early as possible to reduce the chances of problems growing - all disclosures will be treated confidentially
- Do what we can to help you find the support you need
- Allow you time off to deal with issues, as set out in the sick leave section of your employment agreement
- Encourage you to seek appropriate help if you know or strongly suspect an employee might harm themselves, or need help, or if you need it yourself
- Encourage you to find support:
- Talking to your manager or colleague for advice or support
- Going to see your doctor or another health professional
- Calling or texting 1737 to talk to a trained counselor. The service is free and available 24/7.
- Lifeline 0800 543 354 Free text 4357
- Youthline 0800 376633 Free text 234
- Calling 111 if there is an immediate crisis.